CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

A reminder of what could have been!

Yesterday was Sunday and as I walked, almost ran - skipped down the hall of the church house because I was in such a hurry to get back to the Relief Society room where I was teaching my lesson I passed Rachel Daugs, our neighbor and daughter of our old bishop. She fell on the ice just before Christmas and broke the same ankle she broke on our trampoline when she was about 10 years old. She broke one bone and got two pins. She was barely walking, last week she still had her crutches. He whole leg from her foot almost to her knee is swollen and she can hardly stand on it. Arvonna Jenson, our former Stake President's wife broke her ankle and got a couple of pins about 5 years ago. She is still limping. I was reminded of a year ago Feb 22 when I fell down the stairs at work and broke both ankle bones, one on each side. When I tripped on the landing I popped my ankle one direction and then popped it the other direction ending up on the floor moaning and groaning with a double fracture and dislocated left ankle. Paul took me to the hospital in Sid’s truck. He was so gentle, kind and supportive. He stayed with me and gave me a blessing once they looked at the X-rays and decided that the operation needed to be done immediately. An orderly anointed me with the oil and the very moment that Paul put his hands on my head to give me a blessing I relaxed and the pain left. That blessing was the most powerful IMMEDIATE blessing I have ever received. When he laid his hands on my head the excruciating pain totally subsided and I felt the spirit surge through me completely. In the blessing Paul promised me total recovery with no negative affects. There were 24 staples holding two incisions together. The outside incision was about 6” long with a metal plate and 7 screws holding the vertical break in place. The inside ankle incision was about 4” long and has 2 screws holding the large horizontal bone break in place. Within 8 weeks it was completely healed to the point where I didn't limp. A year later there was no swelling, only a few little stitch marks. I have been greatly blessed. Paul was promised in his Patriarchal Blessing that he would perform miracles. I believe I have been blessed as the recipient of one of those miracles and I was duly reminded of it Sunday as I witnessed the pain that I could still be experiencing. Thank you Paul for your gift and your kindness, mercy and patience with me. Thank you for being worthy to bless me with your Priesthood. Thank you for your continued efforts to work at becoming the kind of husband and father you want to be. Thank you for being my precious, wonderful son. Without you my life would not be complete!

11 comments:

TnD said...

How amazing to see the Lord's power work through your son for you. It is strange to say that your accident could be a blessing, but I see in this case it was. Thank you for sharing you thoughts.

MaRea Hess said...

I remember when this all took place a year ago. I was worried that this would be something that mom would have to struggle with for years to come. I guess it goes to show that the righteous women are blessed in all aspects of their lives.

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

I loved reading this story after some time, so as to see the broader picture. The scriptures are written that way, I wish i could live my life that way. It made me Love Paul all the more, and grateful he was there. Thanks for strengthening my faith again. You do it so often and with so little effort. I hope to get there someday, for my children.

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

Love the new wallpapering! who is your designer?

Anonymous said...

what an amazing experiance Paul does have an amazing healing spirit about him! What would we do without that boy! I don't know what we would do with a mom who couldn't walk!

Mom I love your new wallpaper as well.

Lynette said...

Wow...you are lucky to have such a awesome son!!! What a lucky Mom you are!!!

Elder and Sister Longhurst said...

I found your blog through the Bracken/Skye - Riley/Lindsey route. My children have always raved about what a wonderful family you have, and now I can see why. Reading your posts is like listening to a General Conference talk on the Family Proclamation. Thanks so much for being such an amazing mother. Denise Longhurst

Martindale Crew said...

LInda!!
How cute are you!!??!! I miss you a ton and am so glad that I can read your postings. Visit us a martindalecrew.blogspot.com not nearly as creative but hey...Did I say I miss you??? love you tons
Tresa martindale

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

Tresa - i tried to find you on martindalecrew.blogspot.com and I couldn't find you. Make sure I got it right - I would love to read your blogs and keep in touch. Linda

MnS said...

I'm ready for a new post. You have such good advice and are such a good story teller that I want to hear more.

Jeff and Holly said...

What a great story. Thanks for sharing it. I always love to hear stories of miracles. What a nice blessing for Paul to be given.

A few weeks ago I was in the Budge Clinic with Emilie (when she broke her leg). Rachel was there and I was able to visit with her. It really is too bad that she hurt it so bad, but she did seem in good spirits. She is such a nice person.