CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

"No Greater Joy."

Last night, Saturday, April 12, 2008 Sid and I left for SLC about 4:15 to go to Chuck A Rama with MaRea, Kyle and Kaden and then to the Jazz Game (Denver Nuggets – they won by 20+ points – my kind of game!) It was the best time we have had since we were in NYC with Dave, Tara and Claire - funny how the best times are always with our family. It was so good to see them again – I have missed them terribly. The most sensational event of the whole evening was when we were passing the temple and Kaden, who will be 3 on my birthday August 23, kept saying ‘Temple, mommy, Temple.” MaRea asked him. “When are YOU going to the temple Kaden?” and he said, “Mission.” She asked him, “What are you going to teach people about on your mission?” And as quick as she asked him he answered, “Jesus.” Then she asked him, “What are you going to teach them to read?” And he replied, “Book of Mormon.” She asked him, “We read two stories every night and one of them is the? And he again replied, “Book of Mormon.” My heart skipped a beat and it was instantly filled with JOY. I have no worries about Kaden. He will be fine in this difficult world because he is being rooted in the gospel of Jesus Christ. He will know who he is and whose he is. He will be founded and grounded in love and he will seek after righteousness. Kaden Kyle Hess will find peace in a chaotic world because he will have faith, hope and trust in Christ. As John says in 3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. Last night was full of JOY.

3 comments:

MnS said...

Do you still worry about Sid?
Mark

MaRea Hess said...

I would have to agree he is a very cute little boy, but that is coming from his mother. His first few years I have to admit I was a little worried. Last night was a blast I love just hanging out with mom and dad, you get treated like your on a road trip with dad.

Lindsey Smith said...

I love you mom, you really are the best.